Julia Sverdloff is a premiere Chicago immigration attorney dedicated to helping immigrants make their dreams a reality. Our professional team handles family immigration, asylum and deportations with the tenacity your case requires. Call us for a consultation. For more details visit us @ https://sverdlofflaw.com/

Q How much are the USCIS filing fees?

A filing fee is required for many immigration forms. If you do not submit the correct fee, USCIS will reject your form. Please click here to view the fee schedule.

Q How Long is a Green Card Valid?

Once you obtain a green card, you have the same rights as other permanent residents to live and work in the United States indefinitely. However, green cards must be renewed every 10 years generally. The exception to this rule applies to those who have a marriage-based green card and have been married for less than two years upon obtaining status as a permanent resident. Known as a conditional green card, holders of these must file a petition plus proof of a bona fide marriage within 90 days prior to the two-year anniversary of obtaining permanent resident status. Once the petition is approved, the holder of the conditional green card will be granted the green card to be renewed every 10 years.

Failure to renew a green card can result in issues with obtaining employment, renewing a license, or re-entering the country. Additionally, failure to file a petition to remove conditions of a conditional green card can result in deportation or removal proceedings being initiated against you.

Q Why Should I Hire an Immigration Law Attorney?

Immigration law usually involves the filing of specific forms, providing supporting documents, and submitting fees. Any inaccurate information or late filings can make the process longer or prevent you or your loved ones from becoming permanent residents or citizens of the United States. Sverdloff Law Group is experienced and dedicated to meeting your immigration needs. Chicago immigration attorney Julia Sverdloff will answer any immigration questions you have and represent you in any deportation or removal proceedings you may face.

Q What is a Green Card?

A green card is known as a permanent resident card and allows you to work and live in the United States permanently. There are different categories of green cards, and they may be available to certain family members of citizens or lawful permanent residents, certain employees, victims of abuse or those under asylum or refugee status, and other categories of persons. Once you obtain a green card, you may qualify to undergo the naturalization process to become a United States Citizen.

Rate us and Write a Review

Your Rating for this listing


Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long


Show all timings
  • Monday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
  • Tuesday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
  • Wednesday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
  • Thursday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
  • Friday08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
  • Saturday09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
building Own or work here? Claim Now! Claim Now!